Tuesday, May 5, 2020

May 5

Tuesday:  So yes, it is exhausting taking care of three children ... but look how darling they are! I'll start with wee Erin Lucia. Look at this fancy soft coat she is wearing. I could eat her up in it! Kelly said a friend of hers gave her a bunch of pretty clothing for Erin and ERIN loves pretty clothes! How nice of Kelly's friend!
 Erin loves for me to spin her around and around in my desk chair. She never tires of spinning ... first one way, then the other ...


 She loves my two baby dolls--Moses and Bonnie. She hangs out with them the whole time she is here.





 Erin discovered my pretty musical globe today. It sits on the top part of my piano. I wound it up for her and she just loved the sound, the snow, the church ... everything.

 "What's that?" Erin would ask. And I would say, "A church!" "What's THAT?" And I would say "That's a sled, Erin!" "What's THAT?" she would ask, and I would say, "That's snow, sweetie!"

 This face (below)!!!

 Erin played my piano for a little while too ...
Mr. Aidan Paul busied himself in the playroom ... which is where he hides when he has to do his poopies. I just leave him alone for a little while to give him some privacy. He plays and plays with the cars and trucks, and then I come in with the diaper bag and ask him the very appropriate question (based on my very acute sense of smell), and he always answers the same thing: "No, gwamma. I clean!" When in fact, he is very much NOT." That's okay, Aidan. One of these days, you will be trained!

 Aidan really really likes the micro-machines ...
 Aidan also did a painting for me today. He was pretty "into" it too.
 He was mostly into mixing all of the colors together--he had a good time of it. Also, when he was finished with his painting, he ran back to the playroom exclaiming: "I'm going to get my new camewa, Gwamma, and take a picture of my painting!" Hence the binoculars snapping away at his painting ...
Brendan actually was the one I started with the paint ... can you guess what Brendan's favorite color is?

 And then this very sweet thing happened. Brendan was "missing" for quite awhile. I was busy changing diapers, washing hands, cleaning up the littles ... when I wandered into my room, this was what I found ...

 You see, the children have taught Matey to play "fetch." He has a favorite toy straw--we think GREEN is his favorite color. Look how pleased Brendan is to play this game with him.
 They had so much fun!
Brendan and Erin ate very well today. Brendan had a nice beef hotdog, two pieces of banana bread, chips, two bowls of cereal, and a 2 cookies for desert. Erin ate a hotdog too, but not the bun. She had plenty of cheese and some carrots, veggie straws, pretzels, and other assorted snacks. Mr. Aidan Paul will tell me he is "hung-ary" but then will not eat a single thing I offer him! Stinker! But I did finally find some cinnamon waffles that he likes, so he did eat one of those (well buttered). He also ate some pretzel fish and a few other snacks.
 Everyone played trains to their hearts content.


It was a very good afternoon, for which I thank the Lord--for His strength and for His patience!

No comments: