Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May 25

Memorial Day: I drove out to Countryside Nursery in Allendale this morning to pick out the annuals for my tiny yard. I have been out there perhaps twice before, but it has been many years. Naturally (!!) I got a little "turned around" on the way out there, but I did arrive safely ... eventually.

 It was really crowded out there this morning. People were good about wearing masks and staying a good distance apart. There is such conflicting information out there about the pros and cons of masks in general, but I comply when I am in a public place. Wow, though, it was very hot and humid inside the greenhouse there. And what a great selection and what wonderful prices!
 I got a few different flowers than I have purchased in the past. I love Gerber daisies, don't you? 
 I also purchased seven small containers of colorful annuals to put out in my rock garden, but I neglected to photograph them.
 I did the grocery shopping after I purchased the flowers, brought it all home, put it all away, planted the porch boxes, and was essentially finished by 6:00! Yay. I needed a restful evening and I was able to have one!
Thank you for the beautiful flowers and plants you have created, Lord. They bring me such joy. You are such an amazing Creator. 

No comments: