Thursday, May 28, 2020

May 28 Dylan

Friday:  It was a Monday that Dylan was born, and it just happened that Memorial Day fell on that particular Monday. He was born at 4:52 am, 8 pounds 10 ounces, 22 inches long. My labor was the usual four hours and I screamed him out with two pushes. A third son. I could not have been happier.

 I wasn't sure what to make for his card this year, so I got into a bin of old albums and found these pictures of Dylan. The picture above is during his first month, might even have been the first week because he is laying in his bassinette--the very one that I put him in when I brought him home from the hospital. I remember Jesse and Shane pulling up a chair and standing on the chair so that they could look at their new brother. They stood there for a very long time mentioning how little his toes and fingers were. It is a very sweet memory.

The picture below was actually taken in the hospital the day after he was born.


 I made his birthday card out of those first four pictures. The last of the four is SO Pahmanish ... I remember seeing baby pictures of Dylan's dad that look identical to this. Below is Dylan at about 18 months. He was weaned from me at six months (as were his brothers), and here he is drinking "juice" (I hope it wasn't kool-aid) from a bottle.
 I'm pretty sure Dylan is three in this picture (below). Jesse is wearing glasses, and I don't think Jesse began wearing glasses until he was almost 7. Look at the expression on Shane's face--such a beautiful boy.
 Believe it or not, Dylan was such a placid baby that I could place him in the kitchen sink where he would splash and play for the longest time! He never made any "moves" to get out and he didn't make a very big mess. It was a hot summer that year, and he spent a lot of time in the kitchen sink!
 A nice warm hug for my baby boy ... 
And today is Dylan's 36th birthday! Happy Birthday, Dylan! Time sure goes by quickly ...

No comments: