Monday, May 25, 2020

May 22 (Leslie E. Tassell Park)

Friday afternoon: Kelly told me about a "park" she had stumbled upon where she has brought the kiddos to run and play. There is no playground here, so that's good because we aren't allowed on playground equipment presently! 

Brendan was very helpful pushing the stroller with Erin, while I was keeping track of Aidan. This little "park" has evidently been here since about 2002 and I never once knew it was here! Good grief. It's only a 25 minute drive from my house, and it's just a beautiful little place.

 This is the very flooded Thornapple River ... it was moving SO FAST!

 The kiddos liked climbing the rocks, and since the rocks were safely away from the flooded river, it was fun to just let them go and watch them play.





 Erin is making a get-away up the stairs ... can you see?
 I was calling to her, asking her to come back ... but she continued right on up ... imagine that (ha!). So I had to run after her and put her back in the stroller. She was not happy with me, but she got over it.
 There are sculptures all around the park ... I love Aidan's expression in this picture (below).
 Wee Erin, feeling somewhat confined in the stroller ... she did cheer up a little later.

 We walked a pathway all the way to the Cascade Dam. It's not a long walk, and the sound of rushing water is just amazing. Here is Aidan, doing his best to see the pictures on the sign--but he's a short little kid!

 Brendan stops and reads each sign along the way to Aidan.




More pictures of the dam coming up ...

No comments: