Sunday, May 31, 2020

May 29

Friday:  Look at Erin in these pictures. She is the sweetest little person! I just love her from head to toe. She plays and plays and plays at my house and is pretty happy the entire time she is here.
Here is dear Aidan, who eats nothing but crackers and veggie straws at my house. He DID, eat ONE waffle today--shock! He's a particularly particular eater! But at least he doesn't complain about being hungry all the time and he is a pretty hefty little guy--so he must eat better over at his house.
 I can always, without fail, count on Brendan to eat most anything I offer him. Look at his sweet smile.
 Brendan is usually busy MAKING things from ... you name it ... construction paper, origami stuff, pipe cleaners. Just give him a supply of markers, glue, tape and assorted paper, and this child will make ... stuff!
 These two littles cooked up a huge meal for me today and were so pleased that I would taste every little thing they brought to me.

 Both of these little ones LOVE playing with my baby dolls: Bonnie and Moses. I have two tiny bottles and they will feed them and put them down for naps, kiss and hug them ... it's super sweet. 
 Mid-afternoon I put on a Charlie Brown movie ... something about a race (Brendan would know the exact name). The kiddos all enjoyed it. I haven't heard Brendan laugh like this for a very long time. My heart was happy to hear him.

 Dear, dear Aidan watching the movie.
 Brendan decided to make some origami finger puppets. He completed a pig puppet and was very enthused about the result.

 Our small conductor spent lots and lots of play time with the trains today. He thinks he owns them and gets real huffy if anyone comes along and messes with HIS twacks or twains.



 Erin absolutely adores Matey and follows him throughout the house. She is very gentle with him.

 Brendan asked me to get the puppet theatre down from the high shelf so that he could put on a "show" for the little kids.
 Brendan's story was about Mr. Mousekins ...

 The little kiddos enjoyed the finger puppets too and played with them for a very long time.
 Little Aidan was very taken with the bug finger puppets and put on a show of his own.
 Look at Erin's expression (below) ... I am unsure what it is that has APPALLED her, but something apparently has!




We had a super fun but exhausting day. As always, I am grateful for the Lord's strength and for His great love for all of us.

No comments: